Sunday, April 22, 2007

Finally Some Pictures





Hello Everyone!!

Sorry it has taken me so long to get this Blog up and running. The network service in the district is very slow and now with an additional 6 team members, everyone wants to check their emails, leaving little time for me to work on my Blog. This weekend was quiet here in Maliana. Last night the UN POL had a karaoke night and I managed to belt out a few tunes. Actually I managed to slaughter " Hotel California" but I did manage to hit the right notes for " When You Say Nothing At All"! For lunch today, the Pakistani commander invited a couple of us down for lunch. It was great and I have made some wonderful friends at their compound. They are in a separate compound and their unit is totally supported by their own country. They have brought every thing with them and the UN only provides them with food and fuel. They have their own mechanics, electricians, plumbers, cooks, and even barber! They have even offered me a Punjabi, which I am really excited about and can't wait to wear it at home. I had mentioned in my earlier post that they were acting as our security team in Bobanaro and I was very impressed at the level of professionalism and the conduct they displayed.

This is the District Office where the National STAE for the Bobanaro district is located. The picture was taken on the morning before election day, just before they were loaded into 30 different vehicles for the six sub-districts.
The picture from the top was on election day. East Timor has quite a few mountains. The highest is about 2950 metres.

No comments: